Re: FSF not considering Debian as Free (Re: Debian and non-free)

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> My understanding of RMS's position is that he would like Debian to follow
> something like the rule that the FSF has about not linking to any non-free
> software from their sites, [...]

That rule is a myth.  Their campaign sites like
http://badvista.fsf.org and http://www.defectivebydesign.org/ have
links to and about non-free software - with commentary, but still
links.  I think it's counter-productive to spend so much time
badmouthing the competition, but I'd be happy to see a link from
fsf.org to debian that noted we have different views on some aspects
of freedom.

There are also a few links on fsf.org but I'm not mentioning them on
this public mailing list else they'll just get removed.  One I would
like removed is http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/ -> Wiki ->
Atlassian Confluence.  (Yeah, GNU.org, proprietary webapp lovers and
AGPL advocates...)

Anyway, does this thread count as debian.org mentioning non-free.org?
If so, we've lost already, actually.
--
MJR/slef