Re: Developer Status

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Faidon Liambotis wrote:

> For example, there's nothing special about a DC.
> No upload rights, no vote rights, no debian.org logins.

Well, they won't get automatic shells on project machines, but I don't
see why they wouldn't get an account if whatever it is they are doing
requires it.  This could be maintaining a buildd, some other service
like packages or forums.d.o or any other number of things.

This proposal would add infrastructure that allows us to give accounts
to just such people.  Right now, without keyring, ID check or anything
it's still theoretically possibly to give such contributers
access, practically tho it means it just isn't done.