Re: Developer Status

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:55:55PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > Given how rooted is the acronym DD in the Debian community, I doubt it
> > is a good idea to change it or even to get rid of it.
>
> True, but the proposal splits the current DD in two types, namely DDM
> and DNDM.

No, it does not split (to be precise, it does not partition) the
current DD class. If you really want, it does split the class of
people being able to vote, but this is quite of a stretch: (1) DDs
also upload, and this is an important vote here; (2) rather then
splitting adds a new class of people able to vote.

Hence, I still don't by your argument.

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
Dietro un grande uomo c'è sempre /oo\ All one has to do is hit the right