Re: Update #1 [RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)]

(we're getting offtopic here)

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Based on the number of repositories hosted on Alioth. And on day-to-day
> > work within many Debian teams.
>
> What's the attraction of hosting git on Alioth?  I've had one request
> to clone from my own public server there, but haven't got around to it.

There's a gitweb instance so anyone can easily browse the history without
needing git. It's backupped and it allows multiple people to push in the
same repository.

> I suspect Debian team adoption might be self-perpetuating.

Possibly but svn is more than enough for maintaining simple debian
directories. And most packages are simple.

> > You don't even have to install svn on your own machine, you log into
> > alioth, and do the svn checkout/commit there.
>
> Please can you tell me how to get git-svn to do that?

I wasn't speaking of git-svn here.

> If it's possible, is it a bug for git-svn to depend on libsvn1 via
> libsvn-perl?

No idea.

Cheers,
--