Re: Update #1 [RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)]

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, MJ Ray wrote:
[on svn "most widely used VCS within Debian."]
> > Based on what numbers?  Does "within Debian" mean on d.o hosts?  That
> > would ignore much dVCS use.
>
> Based on the number of repositories hosted on Alioth. And on day-to-day
> work within many Debian teams.

What's the attraction of hosting git on Alioth?  I've had one request
to clone from my own public server there, but haven't got around to it.

I suspect Debian team adoption might be self-perpetuating.

[...]
> You don't even have to install svn on your own machine, you log into
> alioth, and do the svn checkout/commit there.

Please can you tell me how to get git-svn to do that?

If it's possible, is it a bug for git-svn to depend on libsvn1 via
libsvn-perl?

Thanks - this could be a big help in accessing svn silos.
--
MJR/slef