Re: Planet policy?

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:26:17 +0000, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi> said:

> The blog and mailing list formats are so different that one is not
> ever going to be able to completely replace the other. Both have their
> use.

        I read blogs using gnus, the same thing I use for mailing
 lists. I also read /. using gnus, to the differences are not as
 distinct for me, really.

        There is also software that converts mailing lists into web
 pages, and some of these converters retain a MUA-like interface with
 panes (gmane, fer instance); other take a days worth of emails and put
 them into blg comment style pages, with nested/threaded/flat variants.

        Therefore I am not so sure that the format differences are
 insurmountable.

        manoj
--
Real wealth can only increase. Buckminster Fuller