Re: No buildd redundancy for alpha/mips/mipsel

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 01:18:38PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > I think you'd better look at db.debian.org/machines.cgi to have an idea
> > of the current status...
>
> I can see the current status fine on jvw's buildd pages: those three arches
> only have a single active buildd listed when they're supposed to have two.

I believe "buildd redundancy" does not mean having 2+ active buildds,
but having at least one active buildd who can keep up, plus a possibly
inactive backup buildd who could quickly be made active in case the
primary buildd fails.  So just looking at jvw's buildd pages might not
be enough, unless it displays inactive buildds as well.

(mostly considering alpha here, as apparently mips/mipsel indeed do not
have redundancy right now)

Michael