Re: No buildd redundancy for alpha/mips/mipsel

On Thursday 29 November 2007, Luk Claes wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 08:32:40AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> > http://release.debian.org/etch_arch_qualify.html lists that alpha, mips
> > and mipsel a having buildd redundancy, but that does not seem to match
> > reality as both only have a single buildd (alpha: goetz; mips: ball;
> > mipsel: rem).
>
> Hmm, etch is already released. You might be right that it's not done for
> lenny yet. Though that's mainly because most of the architecture pages
> are incomplete after many requests to complete them...

Don't understand what you're trying to say here. My point is that apparently
we _had_ buildd redundancy at some point, but have lost it for some reason.
To me that indicates a problem for the project, especially when it turns out
that the remaining buildds are incapable of keeping up by themselves.

> I think you'd better look at db.debian.org/machines.cgi to have an idea
> of the current status...

I can see the current status fine on jvw's buildd pages: those three arches
only have a single active buildd listed when they're supposed to have two.
Also, "restricted" does not really tell me what the exact purpose of a
machine is.