Re: When Debian 4.1 will arrive... will anyone care?

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 09:22:10AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Not that I agree with Craig's point, but you seem to be missing it here:
> AFAICS, the argument is not that backports are broken, but that they're a
> waste of time.

not exactly that they're a waste of time (that's a subjective assessment).

more that it's no better than either testing or unstable.  no less risky,
just a different set of risks.  (that's NOT subjective)

it's annoying too because the whole premise of backports is based on how
scary 'unstable' is, and backports is just another variant of unstable.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

BOFH excuse #164: root rot