Re: When Debian 4.1 will arrive... will anyone care?

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > 	Some users, I guess some developpers and contributors, and at
> > least myself, find it very demotivating to think that a new release
> > means that nothing will happen anymore in Debian stable in the next 24
> > months.
>
> If that is really the case, then you should not use Debian stable.
> Debian stable is there to be rock solid; expecting anything else is
> having unfounded expectations.

What's wrong in wanting something rock solid released more often than
every 2 years ?

I know corps want a stable release that last more than one year, but that
shouldn't forbid us to support one release for 3 years and have good
intermediary releases with less support.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog