Re: Please expulse Frans Pop from debian

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 22:56 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

...<snip>...

> When will Debian realise that there should be a way to solve social problems,
> and actually try to solve it, instead of trying to censor or silence the most
> annoying party ? This is a real question, and once Debian has an answer for
> that, it will solve my problem, but also the innumerable flamewars in which i
> was not involved which surface regularly, and contribute to the not-fun
> ambient of which i am currently made the scapegoat.

Realizing a problem exists does not guarantee a solution will be found.
You have been a DD for too long to not understand how volunteers scratch
their own itch.  Why did you not find a solution?  You had the most to
gain from it.

Instead of finding a solution to a conflict between two individuals, you
chose to escalate the problem.  Dragging more and more people into it
with incessant complaints has obviously not fixed it.  I will not
minimize the wrongs you suffered, but I fail to see how your conduct is
helping the situation.  If you try to solve a small problem by creating
a bigger problem, it should not surprise you when people focus on the
bigger problem.  Before you send another knee-jerk response, take some
time to think about what other DDs consider to be the bigger problem
(going through the expulsion process should provide a clue ;-).

Richard