Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         How is the current DPL board proposal different from the
>  project SCUD that was tried out a couple of DPL's ago? From what I
>  recall, project SCUD started out with a bang, but did not end up
>  making much of an impression on me.  Given that this has been tried
>  before, and mostly did not work in the glowing manner in which it was
>  painted before and as you are painting the DPL board, what makes you
>  think a project SCUD raised from the dead is likely to wrk any better
>  this time than it did the last time?

I'm sure people from the SCUD team can complete (or correct me).

No real delegation was made to the scud team. In other words, Branden had
all the powers, he had a team to help him but unfortunately due to
personal circumstances he didn't manage to make much use of that help.

AFAIK stockholm tried to fill the vacuum but without much success given
that there were simply no way for the team to effectively replace Branden
while it was MIA. Furthermore, the whole team didn't agree on the way to
go forward given this unexpected disappearance of Branden, and since there
were no rules, there has been no positive outcome.

In my case, the board is delegated all the powers of the DPL including the
power to further delegate and a set of rules is defined for the board to
be able to take decisions. In other words, the board is independant of the
DPL. It is my plan to not use the DPL power for anything else than
organizing the board. It means I would deal with my projects like any
other board member: by submitting them to the board, gaining approval and
eventually voting on them.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog