Re: Debian Etch Stable.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 02:09:54PM +0100, Roland Mas wrote:

> >> Let me ask again: What is going to happen when the experiment is
> >> continued? [...]
>
> Sven Luther, 2006-12-13 13:21:35 +0100 :
>
> > How are you going to measure the long-term demotivation which
> > results from the experiment ? [...]
>
> You may like to prefer replying to questions with other questions, but
> there are at least two people (Marc Haber and myself) who would
> actually like an simple answer to a simple question: what's going to
> be different if the experiment stops now (which is what you're asking
> for) rather than in a week or so?

See my reply to Mark Haber. You are both misinterpreting what i am saying. I
am not asking for Andy not getting paid for the end of his term, just to do an
analysis and take a conclusion ASAP, and call the experiment at an end,
*BEFORE* starting to incite folk to re-motivate themselves like Anthony has
done.

>   If you're asking for something precise and concrete (viz. to end the
> experiment a week earlier than planned), please provide reasons that

You are putting words into my mouth there :)

> are related to what you ask, rather than reasons that relate to
> something else.  Thanks.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, it was my impression that Anthony's call for
remotivation from the experiment oponents showed that the experiment had
ended, or was soon about to end (within a few days or so).

Friendly,

Sven Luther