Re: Debian Etch Stable.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 12:30:16PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 12:11:19PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 11:59:24AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > One thing you could do is to end *NOW* the experiment,
> >
> > Can you please roughly outline what is going to happen when the
> > experiment is continued until its scheduled end, and what's going to
> > happen when the experiment is aborted immediately as you suggested?
> >
> > I would be interested in the difference of the two action lists.
>
> Well, the experiment is flawed upto a point to start with. We all are
> interested, and maybe even for some have a compulsive need to participate to
> the debian effort, and as thus it is a violent effort even for those who
> decided to become less active in protest against the 'experiment' to actually
> go on with the boycot.
>
> So, right now we have this experiment ongoing, whose measure of success is
> rather vague and knowing the persons involved and how previous conclusions
> where taken from the most flimsy of facts, the only way for those opposing the
> experiment to act is to freeze their involvement.

Let me ask again: What is going to happen when the experiment is
continued? Which experiment steps that are scheduled will still need
to happen?

As far as I remember, the experiment has two steps, paying Steve for a
month and paying Andi for a month. Steve's month is already over, and
Andi is like in his third week. So - again - as far as I remember
there is only one week of experiment left in _any_ case so it does not
make too much sense talking about continuing or not. It's over soon
anyway.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Greetings
Marc