Re: Improving the DAM-queue?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:14:39AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Bastian Venthur <expires-2007@venthur.de> [2006.10.11.1002 +0200]:
> > This is quite frustrating, since most of the applicants are surely
> > doing already the normal work every Developer has to do, but are
> > not able to upload or participate on current votes.
>
> I agree that this might well be frustrating. However, I also oppose
> to any measure to increase the new queue throughput until we figured
> out how to also get *rid* of DDs. Our project is too large; we can't
> just keep growing.

I absolutly disagree. Every Debian contributor doing work we depend on
for the continued activity of Debian should be a DD.

We have nearly the same number of registered developers than at woody
time however we have expanded operation by about 250%. We need more
developers to better spread the load.

We already have procedure to disable inactive developers account and
they have been quite sufficient so far.

Now I am quite concerned that I would never had become a DD if the
process at the time has been the same as now, and it would not be
by lack of patience on my part. I find that ethically difficult to
bear.

Oh, be assured I have tons of gratitude for the people running the NM
process at the time I applied.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>