Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:09:06AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
> > [...] Person A gets mad becuase he is afraid that person B will will
> > get pay for something that both had originally agreed to do for free.
>
> Now there's a key part of the problem: this changes agreements that some
> developers made with the debian project.  While that doesn't make it
> wrong in itself, some people may not agree with the new terms.  I
> believe they should be allowed to state their objections in an effective
> way and suggest ways to find a wider agreement, as a bare minimum.

... and this change ignores year of consensus whereas using Debian money to
pay Debian developers was not OK. For example the thread including this
post <20010510151536.B629@visi.net> to debian-private. That consensus
was certainly important for my continued contribution to the project.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.