Re: Using money to fund real Debian work

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:40:40AM +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

> In my view, if I were involved in a given project, giving it a good
> part of my free (unpaid) time, and I were to see some other guy
> working on this very same project doing the same work I'm doing, I
> guess I wouldn't feel terribly well. Now if that guy were to do deep
> shit and if I had to walk behind him to collect his crap in order to
> keep the project in shape, I guess I would be extremely upset.

I would be upset as well, as I'm sure many would be.  Now, I think the
idea of funding some development has merit.  However, there needs to be
a standard set for quality and a review process in place.  Make
successful and satisfactory completion predicates for payment.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez