Re: Reduce security release latency - Re: Concerns with Open/OS Corporate Linux ads?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Alexander Sack wrote:
> Of course, we don't want to have 2nd class architectures, but waiting
> for architectures to finish that are used "only" by a minority looks
> flawed either. Especially if there is a buildd breakage involved.

Zero tolerance for buildd breakage should be a norm for security updates
IMHO.  Even if it is the ia32, ppc or amd64 buildd.

I don't mean "let's not even wait for <slow buildd here>", although it would
make a great deal of sense to me to have a wait window of no more than 8
hours for the _security_ buildds.  What I do mean is: "if it doesn't build
right away, and it looks like a buildd issue (and not a problem with the
package), we don't wait for it to build at all, and push the updates as they
become available".

  Henrique Holschuh