Re: package ownership in Debian

On 7/29/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:46:58 +0000, Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> said:

> On 7/29/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:16:53 +0000, Gustavo Franco
>> <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> said:

>> > More two for you: Be polite.
>>
>> What is so impolite in pointing you to an excellent reference, and
>> gently reminding you that increasing team size (to, say, the number
>> of Debian contributors) is detrimental to product quality and
>> ability to deliver on time?

> Manoj, it's clear he was trolling, it was far from gently reminding
> me, come on.

        It is not at all clear that pointing to the mythical man month
 in a discussion on forcing teams or even make it all one huge honking
 source code repo  with universal commit and build from the repo is
 trolling at all.

I never asked to force teams everywhere in the project or huge honkin
source code repo so you're jumping the gun in the wrong direction.

>> > "in some cases" and "in all cases" are different terms to me.
>>
>> So we only force people to be on a team "in some critical cases"?
>> Still sounds like a bad idea to me.

> What's your problem with me? Henrique wrote the same thing some
> messages ago, why you keep replying everything i post here?

> If i'm right, your point here is to keep the things as they're,

        Please stop  trying to state what other people's motivations
 and goals are, your track record WRT to me is not that great.

You're motivated against me, it's clear. Again, wearing the same cap
judging my track record. I will let you calm down and reconsider not
only your opinion about our ideas, since the ones in this thread
aren't my ideas, but the ideas of many and you picked me to insult.

While we're at it, why don't you reply Anthony's message or Joerg's ?
Ignore me if my track record isn't that great. When i reach your great
track record Manoj, i hope i don't act like you.

(...)

>> > Great comment to do for somebody writing "IMHO", "I think" and
>> > stuff like that.
>>
>> First you chastize me for not speaking for myself, and then when
>> someone does, you yell at them for doing so.

> I did it yes, i thought you were wearing your "captain cap" and make
        You know, you really should not project motivations on to
 other people. "captain's cap", jeez.

> jokes about if i'm subscribed to private or not. Who cares?

        If you are not subscribed to -private, you lack information
 about how well teams are getting along with current and ex members.

For the second time "You know i am".

(...)
>> Wonderful consistency :)

> After 6 years around you start learning some tricks with the cabal.

        Well, people playing tricks and word games do attract my ire, yes.

Except for our *track record*, we're not that different then.

regards,
-- stratus