Re: package ownership in Debian

On 7/29/06, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 02:49:34AM +0000, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> Hello, i thought Debian project was a big team. If people here don't
> want to work in a team, we're going nowhere.

Two words for you: Fred Brooks.

More two for you: Be polite.

> I think that force is the wrong term, we should encourage and in some
> cases require to avoid single point of failure, IMHO.

"require" and "force" certainly seem like the same term to me.

"in some cases" and "in all cases" are different terms to me.

When you work out how to channel-bond human-to-human communications, we'll
talk.  Until then, please fix actual problems instead of making broad
statements with no actual benefit.

Great comment to do for somebody writing "IMHO", "I think" and stuff like that.

regards,
-- stratus