Re: package ownership in Debian

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:46:58 +0000, Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> said:

> On 7/29/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:16:53 +0000, Gustavo Franco
>> <gustavorfranco@gmail.com> said:

>> > More two for you: Be polite.
>>
>> What is so impolite in pointing you to an excellent reference, and
>> gently reminding you that increasing team size (to, say, the number
>> of Debian contributors) is detrimental to product quality and
>> ability to deliver on time?

> Manoj, it's clear he was trolling, it was far from gently reminding
> me, come on.

        It is not at all clear that pointing to the mythical man month
 in a discussion on forcing teams or even make it all one huge honking
 source code repo  with universal commit and build from the repo is
 trolling at all.

>> > "in some cases" and "in all cases" are different terms to me.
>>
>> So we only force people to be on a team "in some critical cases"?
>> Still sounds like a bad idea to me.

> What's your problem with me? Henrique wrote the same thing some
> messages ago, why you keep replying everything i post here?

> If i'm right, your point here is to keep the things as they're,

        Please stop  trying to state what other people's motivations
 and goals are, your track record WRT to me is not that great.

> teams and individuals maintaining stuff without any changes from the
> procedures we're following now. If yes, make it clear and reply my
> messages like you do with others, right now it seems that you've
> decided to attack me.

        My view is that mandatory teams, or making life harder for
 single maintainers, is a bad idea.  If people want to form teams,
 great.

>> > Great comment to do for somebody writing "IMHO", "I think" and
>> > stuff like that.
>>
>> First you chastize me for not speaking for myself, and then when
>> someone does, you yell at them for doing so.

> I did it yes, i thought you were wearing your "captain cap" and make
        You know, you really should not project motivations on to
 other people. "captain's cap", jeez.

> jokes about if i'm subscribed to private or not. Who cares?

        If you are not subscribed to -private, you lack information
 about how well teams are getting along with current and ex members.

> Btw, your sentence have nothing to do with my view on Matthew's
> reply.  I said to Matthew that he was being rude and told me to fix
> human-to-human communication. It wasn't "Matthew shut up and/or
> speak by yourself". Do you see?

        I do not see any rudeness at all.  Indeed, could you consider
 that perhaps you have a chip on your shoulder?

>> Wonderful consistency :)

> After 6 years around you start learning some tricks with the cabal.

        Well, people playing tricks and word games do attract my ire, yes.

        manoj
--
A fail-safe circuit will destroy others. Klipstein