Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

* Matthew Garrett (mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk) [060621 12:08]:
> Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
>
> > A GR can definitly override any decision, and restore Sven's commit
> > access.
>
> No. A GR can override any decision made by the DPL, a delegate or the
> technical committee. A GR can not override a decision made by an
> individual developer or a team of developers.
>
> I guess you could argue that svn.debian.org is adminned by a delegate of
> the DPL, and a GR could force them to restore Sven's commit access. But
> the d-i team could then move their svn archive somewhere else and refuse
> to provide Sven with commit access.

They might move, yes. However, for some teams it might be less easy,
especially if they use d.o-resources elsewhere. Also, a GR could
influence what appears on the web pages.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/