Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

There were two points in the post which open more questions
than they answer:

Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> They have been replaced as far as possible and a call for extra help has
> been sent out several times to the d-powerpc list and has even been
> published in DWN. We have had some response to those requests.

"as far as possible"?  What remains?

> I would agree that powerpc skills are vital to d-i; I disagree that this=20
> makes Sven vital to d-i. Nobody is (or should be) irreplaceable in FOSS=20
> and history has often proven that to be true.

I know that.  My phrasing was careful.  I think it is quite
unhelpful to "disagree" with something never claimed in order
to get in a dig at Sven Luther.

[...]
> There is no formal policy [1]. The policy in practice is that everyone who
> shows that he can contribute to d-i and is willing to be part of the team
> can request and will normally be granted commit access after we have some
> indication of quality of work and commitment to the d-i project. [...]

So, did Sven Luther not regain access for want of showing
willing to be part of the team, or something else?

> > Will there be a working d-i on powerpc without Sven Luther's
> > contributions?
>
> Yes, there will be. Certainly for the main chrp subarchitecture (which=20
> includes the powerbooks so many developers use) and hopefully for others=20
> as well.

Only one of the four which shipped with the last release.

[...]
> Note that a lot (if not all) of the issues that are currently present in=20
> d-i for powerpc originated when Sven was still the d-i powerpc porter.

There seem to be issues present which look like they predate
Sven's involvement, as well as ones since this dispute, too.
I conclude that bugs are found over time.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/