Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Also, you say i have been replaced, and this means you speak about Colin
> Watson [...]

Either that's a guess, or telepathy.  I'd guess it's a guess, but
either way, it's not going to help anything change.  Either the
guess is right, which makes it a pre-emptive attack, or the
guess is wrong, which makes it irrelevant, or it's telepathy,
which will scare the pants off 90%.

> Now, i am curious, did the DPL ever pass to you the compromise proposal i
> made to them, and if so, what had you against it. The proposal was :
>   - i work on minor issues that needs fixing, partman-prep and apus supoprt,
>     and maybe one other i don't remember now.
>   - i don't post on debian-boot, and don't interact in issues where i disagree
>     with you.
>   - you reinstate my commit access, and don't make any more demands on me, and
>     don't get upset when i state my opinion on other forums where i don't
>     expect you to be.

I don't see what compromise is being offered here.  As far
as I recall, there was no problem about the first two points,
while point three is all for Sven Luther.  Will nothing less
than commit access solve this complaint?  I asked that in
another message, but it's unanswered at the time of writing.

(I'm also curious whether the DPL or mediator ever passed the
offer on, even if I don't understand it.)

> [...] Let me quote one thing back at you,
> from memory, so feel free to correct my wordings back to you :
>   " we won't bother to fix the obvious breaks on powerpc, because we know that
>   eventually sven will fix it".

Another unverifiable quote.  Deep joy.

Regards,
--