Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 01:12:38PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 02:48:59AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > [...] [The DPL] clearly mentioned that the only way to solve this
> > was going through the TC (of which as i was told 3 members are already against
> > me even without considering the issues) or a GR.
>
> The only other *possible* ways you can overrule the d-i team's decision
> to treat your March mail [0] as a resignation from the d-i team, or to
> overrule their decision to decline your requests to rejoin the team are
> through the tech ctte or a GR. I don't believe either of those will be
> remotely successful.

Indeed. Anthony, can you tell me why you didn't even consider the compromise
proposals i made, what was the discussion you or Steve had with Frans and the
other players, have they made any show of recognizing their part of this, or
did you start the mediation under the assumption that i was the sole to blame
anyway ?

Why did you give no justification of your sentence, and why did you fail to
see the social consequences ?

> > I am worth having commit access, even Frans, the DPL and others of the d-i
> > team said so, on the technical side at least.
>
> No, that is not the case. Your contributions are worth being included in d-i;
> but that alone doesn't warrant giving you commit access.

Ah, but it is clear d-i policy that anyone who contributes to d-i (except me)
can have commit access, Frans even told so that he would give commit access to
everyone, DD or not DD, who would help him replace me.

> > > Frankly, I doubt he's going to be able to do that when he annoys the
> > > hell out of an insane number of people.
> > And what other choice do i have ?
>
> Accept that you've lost this round and move on with your life.

This i cannot do, and it is your own fault. The situation you created by your
sentence is so inbalanced in favour of Frans, that i am constantly reminded of
it, and Frans has clearly showed that he would reject any kind of effort on my
part, and believe that his leadership role in d-i means he is somehow superior
to me.

There can never be a solution to issues like this one, as long as such a
hate-generating setup persists.

A true mediation attempt, would take all parameters in hand, and not dismiss
those that inconvenience your pre-decided-upon decision, have all parties
involved recognize (publicly) their own fault in this issue, and leaves the
issue in a situation where it can heal over time, and everyone will benefit.

This is not what happened, and i have told both you and Steve that your
decision will cause a worse mess, and that this will only mean regular repeats
of what we have now. I trusted you and Steve, not to do what i wanted, but to
be fair and at least try to find a satisfactory result to this mess.

Anthony, i call to you though a second time as DPL and mediator, to get a real
solution to this issue, and i will stop all posting on the subject, if you
agree to make an effort on this, and hold a real (and public) mediation, and
will abide to the result of it in those conditions.

So, the ball is in your camp, you chose to present yourself as DPL, and you
where elected, so it is your duty to solve this to everyones satisfaction, and
altough it is more difficult now, than it was a month ago, there is really
very little needed to have everyone work well together forever after.

Friendly,

Sven Luther