Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.
- From: MJ Ray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:41:58 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] E1Fs1Haemail@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Your message of Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:06:16 +0200 <[🔎] 20060618120616.GA9068@powerlinux.fr>
- References: <20060616092434.GA4399@powerlinux.fr> <20060616133323.GA16595@azure.humbug.org.au> <20060616140948.GA10782@powerlinux.fr> <20060616144311.GU5341@country.grep.be> <20060616184031.GA16213@powerlinux.fr> <20060616224415.GF8658@country.grep.be> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060617210949.GD17099@rock.grep.be> <20060618004858.GC28179@powerlinux.fr> <20060618031238.GA23712@azure.humbug.org.au> <[🔎] 20060618120616.GA9068@powerlinux.fr>
Sven Luther <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 01:12:38PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > The only other *possible* ways you can overrule the d-i team's decision
> > to treat your March mail  as a resignation from the d-i team, or to
> > overrule their decision to decline your requests to rejoin the team are
> > through the tech ctte or a GR. I don't believe either of those will be
> > remotely successful.
> Indeed. [...]
Other readers of -project only can look to its archives and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/ for the recent history. AFAICT:
- Sven and some of d-i team seem unable to cooperate;
- Sven has powerpc skills which look vital to d-i and haven't been replaced;
- the mediator appointed by the DPL has quit; and
- both sides seem to be showing unverifiable quotes from the other, such as
> Ah, but it is clear d-i policy that anyone who contributes to d-i (except me)
> can have commit access, Frans even told so that he would give commit access to
> everyone, DD or not DD, who would help him replace me.
Where is the d-i commit access policy stated? The nearest I found
was http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/svn which isn't
Will there be a working d-i on powerpc without Sven Luther's
contributions? I can't figure out from (the rather slow from
here) http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/ whether anyone else
works on that. Using the search on View Log produces many PHP
warnings and time-outs before returning much else. As far as
I can see from http://bugs.debian.org/debian-installer, Sven
is still the main handler of recent powerpc bug reports.
Will anything other than direct commit access satisfy Sven?
I browsed a lot of emails and didn't find an obvious answer.
Thanks for any answers,
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/
Bv sekvu http://www.uk.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct