Re: Call for a new DPL mediation ... This will be the only thread i will reply to in the next time about this issue.

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 01:12:38PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > The only other *possible* ways you can overrule the d-i team's decision
> > to treat your March mail [0] as a resignation from the d-i team, or to
> > overrule their decision to decline your requests to rejoin the team are
> > through the tech ctte or a GR. I don't believe either of those will be
> > remotely successful.
>
> Indeed. [...]

Other readers of -project only can look to its archives and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/ for the recent history. AFAICT:
- Sven and some of d-i team seem unable to cooperate;
- Sven has powerpc skills which look vital to d-i and haven't been replaced;
- the mediator appointed by the DPL has quit; and
- both sides seem to be showing unverifiable quotes from the other, such as

> Ah, but it is clear d-i policy that anyone who contributes to d-i (except me)
> can have commit access, Frans even told so that he would give commit access to
> everyone, DD or not DD, who would help him replace me.

Where is the d-i commit access policy stated?  The nearest I found
was http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/svn which isn't
very clear.

Will there be a working d-i on powerpc without Sven Luther's
contributions?  I can't figure out from (the rather slow from
here) http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/ whether anyone else
works on that.  Using the search on View Log produces many PHP
warnings and time-outs before returning much else.  As far as
I can see from http://bugs.debian.org/debian-installer, Sven
is still the main handler of recent powerpc bug reports.

Will anything other than direct commit access satisfy Sven?
I browsed a lot of emails and didn't find an obvious answer.

Thanks for any answers,
--
MJR/slef
Laux nur mia opinio: vidu http://people.debian.org/~mjr/