Re: Proposal: The future of the Debian NM process

Re: cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) 2006-05-16 <[🔎] 200605161307.57199.cobaco@linux.be>
> what's the rationale for needing a 2nd package?
>
> e.g. I currently maintain 1 small simple sponsered package, I also have
> contributed for several years as a translator.
>
> If we're introducing a new stage with upload rights for specific packages
> why shouldn't I be able to get upload rights for my 1 package?

That's definitely a point to be discussed. I'm reluctant to give
upload rights to people who haven't much experience yet, and the
number of packages certainly limits experience in terms of problems
you have encountered and mastered. If you've been maintaining a single
package for some time, you should definitely be allowed to upload it,
though there has to be a lower limit on the involement (like the
mentioned 3 months). We should find some guidelines which measure
that. Yes, that is a very greyish area.

Christoph