Re: Proposal: The future of the Debian NM process

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 05:04, Christoph Berg wrote:
> The process I propose looks like:

> 2. contributes to Debian:
>    -> work on the package (bug fixing, new upstream releases) with
>       sponsored uploads
>    -> 2nd package with >> 1 upload (e.g. not a totally trivial package,
>       a rule of thumb could be like at least 6 uploads for all packages
>       in total)
>    -> some other contributions (e.g. bugs on other packages)

what's the rationale for needing a 2nd package?

e.g. I currently maintain 1 small simple sponsered package, I also have
contributed for several years as a translator.

If we're introducing a new stage with upload rights for specific packages
why shouldn't I be able to get upload rights for my 1 package?
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)