Re: Reforming the NM process

> On 11 Apr 2006, Marc Brockschmidt told this:
>> "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> writes:
>> [...]
>>> Plus sponsoring is a nice way to have experienced people look at
>>> what a applicant is doing. If done seriously sponsoring is almost
>>> as much work as packaging a package on your own,
>> But only very few people take sponsoring seriously, despite some
>> efforts to change this. Your whole point becomes moot as soon as you
>> move away From the precondition that sponsors *really* check
>> packages. That I find release-critical bugs in my applicants'
>> packages (which happens quite often) shows how "good" sponsoring
>> works...
>         Could you report such sponsors, so we may take their
>  sponsorship privileges away?

Uh. At the moment, the rule of thumb is that sponsored packages should
be handled and checked like one's own packages. Release critical bugs
sometimes happen and we still don't revoke upload permissions.

If we introduce a more fine-grained system that allows us to limit
upload permissions, we can talk about restricting sponsorship
privileges. I'd prefer to not discuss these matters on public mailing
lists, especially not in this thread.

Marc
--
Not sponsored yet: http://thedailywtf.com/forums/68115/ShowPost.aspx