Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 07:19:22AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Hi Steve,
> you and others use the word 'contributing', 'contribute',
> 'contributions'. So why not 'Debian Contributor'.

Ghaah.

Because I'm a developer, who develops an operating system, not just
someone who merely 'contributes' to it. Thanks.

What's with all the fuss about "It should be called something better!"?
The name "Debian Developer" is perfectly fine as it is, and there is
_nothing_ wrong with it.

If people don't understand that you don't have to write code to be a
developer, then they should be told. If they are told, and they
misunderstand, then that is a bug which should be fixed. But don't go
around claiming that I'm suddenly not a "developer" anymore -- I happen
to be quite proud of that.

Yes, that's an emotional reaction. No, that's not a bug.

--
Fun will now commence