Your posting: Debian on one dvd?

"One of the problems Linux users in countries like India have is low
bandwidth. They prefer to get their distributions on CD or DVD as far as
possible. Debian is very badly affected by this as we usually stress
updating over the net."

This is not just a problem in contries like India.  I am in the US and am
still on dialup, and can only get 26k at that.  I have to update my redhat
by mirroring the updates at work where I have a good connection, burning a
CD, and brining it home via "sneakernet".

I would love to be able to use Debian, but dealing with a new packaging
system along with it's extreem network-centeredness is making that
impossible.  What Debian really needs is to give some consideration to
people who have to do this manually.  Not everybody has a high-speed
internet connection.  Please be more inclusive.

--
Daniel Tasch
4942 Westmoreland Ct.  Apt. D

taschda@dmapub.dma.org