Re: Your posting: Debian on one dvd?

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 23.12, Daniel Tasch wrote:

> I would love to be able to use Debian, [...] packaging
> system [...] extreem network-centerednes

Huh?

You certainly can get hold of DVD images for Debian sarge - for instance: at
cheapbytes, $12.99.

Especially right now, with the stable distribution being less than a year
old, sarge is perfectly fine.  As for updates: 99% of the security updates
won't affect you - and for the few bigger ones (xserver) you said
sneakernet is totally feasible - apt-zip and other tools have been
mentioned.  So, Debian is only network centric if you want to run testing
or unstable - sarge OTOH doesn't need much new software and can be run
entirely from the DVDs.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Beware of the FUD - know your enemies. This week
    * Patent Law, and how it is currently abused. *