Re: Complaint about #debian operator

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 11:16:19AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Telling a new user to "shut up" first thing is traditional troll
> > behavior [...]
>
> Opening by asking whether anyone is alive is traditional troll
> behaviour (is there anyone to annoy?),

It /might/ be traditional troll behaviour, it could just be
unfamiliarity with IRC.  So it is my belief that we should encourage
those people to ask their questions, either directly or through a bot
factoid and stay sensitive to their follow-up behaviour.  Deadcat's
various different channels already and even then, they appear rude to
bystanders.

Michael

--
Michael Banck