Re: Complaint about #debian operator

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org>

> Just to clarify for those following along at home, the first +q was
> put in place for ten minutes as a time out to stop the off topic
> discussion and ideally to get the participants to move to another
> channel. (A +q silences the individual in question, while allowing
> them to remain on the channel.)

+q is a bizarre "half-ban" flag which doesn't appear in many
(any?) IRC newbie guides, confuses some software and used to
give inciting error messages on freenode like "the gods have
taken your voice away" (I have an unstable internet link today,
so I haven't checked now). Please don't use it on newcomers.

--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask