Re: "Why" Debian Common Core Alliance? Why not Debian?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

Forks *can* improve Debian.

s/can\(.*\)./might perhaps\1, if .../

 ... forgot a '\' in front of the '.' or a '$' after it to make a working, but
     you guessed it. :)

... but what if not?

I hope it's clear that I'm not saying that *all* forks are good. I am
Yes - that's why I'm in favour of

    "might perhaps"  instead of the plain  "can"

and you gave the reason I wanted to see after the "if ..." yourself.  So
I just wanted to make sure that we all are *very* careful.  If people Google
for  "Forks *can* improve Debian"  and find a positive hit without comments
I would not call this a good idea.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--