Re: What the DFSG really says about trademarks

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 11:03:38AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> wrote:
> > To that end, we've set up a society:
> >   http://wiki.earth.li/DebianUKSociety
> > the primary purpose of which is to allow us to open a bank account to hold
> > the mentioned funds.
> That disagrees with the stated primary purpose: "The purpose of
> the society is to promote Debian and Free Software in general."

Ooo! Look! Pedantry! How excitement!

Phil tries to say "the primary purpose of the act of setting up the
society is to allow us to open a bank account", but MJ rather naturally
interprets what he actually says as "the primary purpose of the society
is ..." and finds clear evidence of unmitigated hypocrisy.

Will they ever communicate successfully? Can the bonds of ambiguity
be broken? Will pride lock our disputants into an escalating cycle of
incoherence, or will love win through?

Find out next week, right here on debian-project!

Cheers,
aj