Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

Benj. Mako Hill <mako@debian.org> wrote:
> [...] a group of us decided a number of years ago to keep
> consumers (and developers) from being confused by ensuring that
> "Debian" referred only to our project and to our products. [...]
> There are alternatives that some people support (e.g., allowing anyone
> to call anything Debian) but we've decided not to pursue that path at
> the moment.

Thank you for the news that no other paths are being pursued. I
am disappointed that a "general trademark policy" based on the
DFSG is not being studied, but any clearer terms would be welcome.
Does this mean that spi-trademark is now elaborating the existing
policy, rather than drafting a new one?

When and where will spi-trademark report next?
Will it contribute to the 2005 SPI Annual Report?
Can you forecast when it will present a policy to spi-board?

I've kept the CCs because I'm not sure whether board or trademark
sets target dates and the answer will probably interest debian-project.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/