Re: "Why" Debian Core Consortium ? Why not UserLinux? Why not Debian?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 03:37:47PM -0500, Branden Robinson / Debian Project Leader wrote:
> > Hrm. leader@ cc'ed.
> It's unclear to me exactly what sort of reponse you're soliciting, but I
> did my best.

I don't think the "Debian Core Consortium" is clearly in Debian's
interests, and I think someone should be looking into it with Debian's
interests at heart.

Given the potential conflicts inherent in your position, I think you
should recuse yourself from involvement, and delegate someone or some team
who's not involved in the consortium to look out for Debian's interests,
and possibly advise SPI on whether to indicate there's a trademark issue
here or not.

I'm pretty unimpressed that the group has already started issuing press
releases using Debian's name.

Cheers,
aj