Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

* Andreas Barth:

>> No, there is an *idea* for this, but the project doesn't have a name
>> yet. If you think that's not true - please show me an official statement
>> of the named companies using "Debian Core Consortium".
>
> <http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1836184,00.asp>
> | A spokesperson for Xandros said, "Xandros is actively working with
> | Progeny on the Debian Core Consortium."
>
> If this statement is true, than Xandros has officially commited to that
> (and as spokesperson, one should know that any public statement is an
> official commitment of the relevant company). And, frankly speaking,
> that statement is more than enough for us here to start caring about.

For the record, my other source of confirmation was Ian's blog entry:

| Getting along
| Wednesday, July 13th, 2005
|
| eWEEK: Details Emerge about Debian Linux Plan.
|
| Posted by Ian Murdock at 5:53am in Progeny | 1 Comment »

<http://ianmurdock.com/?p=262>

To me, this is almost as good as the Xandros confirmation.  In this
context, I get the impression that Ian thinks the information
presented in the article is correct, including the name of the planned
organization.