Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> "Trusted Debian" was an open source project too and yet the Debian
> project felt their use of the "DEBIAN" mark wasn't appropriate.  There
> is an effort going on to update the trademark policy (which will also
> make it clearer that it's not just about businesses).

Maybe it would be great to come up with something that can be used by
everyone interested. I'm thinking along the lines granting a license to
use "Debian derived" as part of the name for products / efforts to
create products derived from Debian, so that "Debian derived trusted
Gnu/Linux" or "Consortium for a Debian derived core" would be covered.
OK, now it's time to admit that I'm not a marketing expert and the
examples offered do suck, but maybe it's a good idea. After all, we do
like derived distros to reference Debian...

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/