Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

* Joerg Wendland (joergland@debian.org) wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 12:48:33PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > It's not an impossible thing to the, the LMI folks seem to do it alot,
> > Debian could do it too, though in this case I don't think DCC is
> > appropriate, personally.
>
> Sure, I do understand. But this problem is not worth starting another
> flamewar, especially without DCC not even being founded or having used
> that name yet . Time, the islanders say, takes out the strength but
> leaves in the warmth[0].

I'm not entirely sure I'd classify this as a flamewar, it's not even
all *that* big of a thread...  Regardless, however, it's best to get
these issues dealt with *before* DCC is founded because founding
something can cost a fair bit of money and often a great deal more would
have to be spent to change the name after the founding.

It's unfortunate that the DCC folks didn't address this issue earlier
but I hardly feel that somehow makes the Debian folks bad people for
pointing it out to them.

	Stephen