Re: consultant entries that will be removed unless they "pong"

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 08:56:11PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Debian has *no* business of telling people what to put on their websites.
> > If someone doesn't like the fact that a consultant doesn't list Debian on
> > their website, then they don't have to use that consultant.  Suggesting that
> > we should be filtering out potential consultants based on the content of
> > their websites is beyond ridiculous.
>
> I think use of this argument is "beyond ridiculous".  It cuts
> both ways: consultants have no business demanding debian lists
> them if they won't meet the list maintainers' criteria.

Way to knock down that strawman.

> The consultants maintainers haven't given "must list debian on
> webpage" as one of those criteria yet, though. I hope that the
> worst case effect of introducing that one would be given beforehand.

And I hope that it won't be introduced at all.  Debian is not some big
corporation that should be shoving marketing agreements down its consultants'
throats.  Leave that to the corporate Linux distros.

--Adam