Re: consultant entries that will be removed unless they "pong"

Hi,
* Marc Haber <mh+debian-project@zugschlus.de> [2005-07-15 17:47]:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 05:26:53PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> > Yes thats what I thought should be prevented. In my opinion
> > every website on the consultants page should clearly point
> > to debian.
>
> That's your opinion. I beg to differ. For example, you might have a
> consultancy company that does, as a policy, not link to any products
> they sell and support. Why should Debian demand to be listed there?

Yes that is also right but for example in the case of
federa.de it is not clear why it is listed on the consultant
page. They don't even say that they provide linux support.

> In my opinion, it is good for Debian to have a consultants list as
> long as possible - it shows that the distribution is actually being
> used, and gives good arguments against people who say that Debian is
> not supported as well as SuSE and RedHat.

Yes but also the quality of the sites should be safe.
Regards Nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org