Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

R. Armiento wrote:
> > As I understand it, the Random option does exactly what it says, it starts
> > one of the named screensavers at random.  The problem is that some of the
> > screensavers work by taking an image, and then manipulating it in various
> > ways.  That's fine but it needs to get the images from somewhere, and one
> > of the options is "look on the local drive, and chose an image at random".
> > That too is fine until it turns out that you maiden aunt has selected the
> > Random screen saver on a machine where your pubescent son has recently been
> > exploring the breadth of educational material available on the web.
>
> No. You have missed the point.
>
> If your "maiden aunt" has selected Random screensaver, it will
> eventually pick the screensaver WebCollage. WebCollge *downloads* random
> images *from internet* *by itself*, with no user input and no
> configuration needed.

Could we somehow stop this useless and pointless discussion?  I guess
it's clear that it's a bug that the random screen saver in KDE has
WebCollage included (at least several people have agreed to this),
and get it fixed in the version of KDE in sid and in upstream and be
done with it?  That would ber a relief, really.

Gruesse,

	Joey

--
Open source is important from a technical angle.             -- Linus Torvalds