Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Hi all,
I'd like to add my two cents to the discussion.

I don't think that "random screensaver" should download *anything* from the Web. Not everybody has fast Internet connections, and I don't want my computer to waste bandwidth unless *I* tell it to.

"You enabled random screensaver, you got what you asked for" is nonsense. If I am to use software packaged by other people, I must be able to trust that it does what it *says* it does, and that it doesn't do random unrelated things. A screensaver is a screensaver is a screensaver. I don't see why anyone in their right mind should assume that "random screensaver" may download stuff.

I thought that the point of free software was that *I* decide what my computer does, not the package writers?

Gerardo