Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

On Sunday 05 June 2005 12:36, MJ Ray wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > This needs to be fixed for sarge, as it will subject random underage
> > people sitting in the same room your computer is in to random porn. I
> > believe th= is is illegal in most countries, and we can't be allowed to
> > let this happen.
>
> Mmmm, debian-illegal anyone?  What law is that in France and why
> aren't all the magazine shop owners being locked-up?

I don't know about France but for Switzerland it's there :

French:
http://www.admin.ch/ch/f/rs/311_0/a197.html

Google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.admin.ch%2Fch%2Ff%2Frs%2F311_0%2Fa197.html

In short, if you show, offer or make pornography available to underage people
(here less than 16 years old), you can face a fine or emprisonment. Actually
it seems like Debian would not be responsible but the person who installed
Debian on the computer (not sure about that though).