Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 11:36:28AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Sven Luther wrote:
> > > This needs to be fixed for sarge, as it will subject random underage people
> > > sitting in the same room your computer is in to random porn. I believe th=
> > > is is illegal in most countries, and we can't be allowed to let this happen.
> >
> > Mmmm, debian-illegal anyone?  What law is that in France and why
> > aren't all the magazine shop owners being locked-up?
>
> I believe it is illegal for those shops to sell their stuff to underage folk,
> don't you ?

No, but I don't know French law well, so I asked for details. It doesn't
seem illegal in England, with pretty young kids legally able to buy the
gutter press and other soft porn mags.

Also, debian doesn't contain the porn, so it's not being sold by our
distributors, so it's not a problem for them as you suggested. Unless
you know another law?

[Bug cc removed - I've no new information.]