Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Christian Kaenzig wrote:
> On Saturday 04 June 2005 17:07, MJ Ray wrote:
> > "R. Armiento" wrote: [...]
> > > Debian do not install the Sun as the default desktop wallpaper. If it
> > > did, and burt the eyes of new users, that would be reported as a grave
> > > bug. I rest my case.
> > What justification for grave? It would be usable for short
> > times and not cause data loss or open a security hole. [...]
> I'm sorry, but IMHO, everything with distributions is not about security holes
> or data loss!

I agree, but only those qualify for a grave bug in debian at present.
See http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities

Just because someone disagrees, it doesn't make their bug grave.

> [...] That's one point, but isn't Debian potentially being used on
> family computers, with children also using it ? I think this is even a more
> grave issue.

No. debian is known not to be child-safe if you care about these
things. Use debian-jr or make sure they have tightly configured
systems. See http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/

Kids with unrestricted net access can download porno anyway.
If that bothers you, don't let them have it and this bug is
avoided anyway.

MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/