Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Christian Kaenzig wrote:
> On Saturday 04 June 2005 17:07, MJ Ray wrote:
> > "R. Armiento" wrote: [...]
> > > Debian do not install the Sun as the default desktop wallpaper. If it
> > > did, and burt the eyes of new users, that would be reported as a grave
> > > bug. I rest my case.
> > What justification for grave? It would be usable for short
> > times and not cause data loss or open a security hole. [...]
> I'm sorry, but IMHO, everything with distributions is not about security holes
> or data loss!

I agree, but only those qualify for a grave bug in debian at present.
See http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities

Just because someone disagrees, it doesn't make their bug grave.

> [...] That's one point, but isn't Debian potentially being used on
> family computers, with children also using it ? I think this is even a more
> grave issue.

No. debian is known not to be child-safe if you care about these
things. Use debian-jr or make sure they have tightly configured
systems. See http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/

Kids with unrestricted net access can download porno anyway.
If that bothers you, don't let them have it and this bug is
avoided anyway.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/