Re: Constant revenue source

* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> * Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:25:40 -0500, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> said:
> > > Simple, the DPL selects them.  We elected him, and that indicates
> > > that we trust his decisions on such matters as how to spend Debian
> > > funds in the best interest of Debian, etc.
> >
> > 	Hmm. I can just see DPL politics getting more vicious ...
>
> You'd prefer we send back the donations we're sent, or just accept them
> and not spend them at all?  I don't like either of those.

Erm, and it's not like this is something new..  No DPL has ever really
done a whole lot with the money SPI controls for us till tbm did some
stuff, I don't think, or perhaps I just didn't know about it (which
would probably be true for most developers).  So, perhaps the DPL
politics will get more vicious because the candidates know now that
SPI holds money on behalf of Debian but, well, it seems likely to me
that everyone who's run for DPL in the past has known this anyway?  At
least since it's been true?

I don't know, but I don't think a DPL candidate that ran on the platform
of "elect me and I'll send each of you $100 from our account and drain
it!" would make it very far.

	Stephen