Re: Google ads on debian.org

* Kim (kim@info.dk) wrote:
> Stephen Frost wrote:
> >Then I guess let me just say "some of us aren't quite done yet." :)
>
> And thats cool, but it seems to me that the discussion has left the
> original area and has become a "one on one" discussion about something
> which really is a matter of different personal opinion than what
> concerns debian.

It is certainly of concern to Debian what it's members think and this
discussion could very well be used as a basis for a GR (either to allow
Debian doing something commercial, or to disallow it) and a link to this
thread made available for some light reading on the subject.

> Not to sound all wrong - I just think it would be enough simply to
> express ones opinion regarding this issue and explain possible
> misunderstandings and thats it. The rest of the discussion is something
> which maybe should just go on personaly. I for one didn't find it
> productive.
>
> What I got from the original question was kindda like a "express your
> opinions" and not a "debate your differences after you have expressed
> your opinions". :-))

The thread is what we make of it.  You're right, it doesn't go
specifically to the original question in the thread but the most that
would mean to me is that we might open up a new thread about it and,
personally, I just hadn't bothered.

	Stephen